The Nightlife in Montañita Ecuador


In the last summer I went with my best friends from College to Montañita Ecuador. To get there were approximately 30 hours in a bus including mishaps during the trip. We arrived on the morning of July 6, when I got off the bus, I realized that I had lost my wallet with my ID and my ticket to enter the country, it was bad news, but at least I had kept my money in the bag. Despite this, I went with many expectations and I decided to enjoy every momento of the trip, and I did. Montañita is a small, beautiful and cozy town, with travelers from all corners of the world. Walking through the streets of this town is such a great experience, to see the crafts of each vendor, restaurants with delicious meals, discos with different themes, hotels and hostels with beautiful and colorful designs, and it was not unusual to find some groups of people singing or dancing for some change. Also, it is possible to take a stroll on the beach and take a dip in the sea, although beware, YOU CAN PICK AN AGUAMALA! It happened to me and it was very painful. However, I always longed for the night to come to live the part I liked the most about traveling to new places, the nightlife.




Thursday night there was not much, we just had a few beers on the beach and ate a delicious Mediterranean pizza that was in promotion. Friday night was a little more exciting, we visited a 4-storey nightclub called ALKATRAZ, its theme was like a prison and had no walls but bars, that day we had a couple of bottles of vodka and ended up drunk in the cozy hostel where we stayed, it called “Hiden House Hostal”. The next day we visited a beautiful beach located 15 minutes away from Montañita called "Ayangue", the water of this beach was so clear that I saw the glitter from my nail polish, also, there were many beautiful yachts, I had lunch there in a sea food restaurant ( Although I do not like that kind of food) so I had a seafood soup, I had to accept that it was delicious and very creamy.

Finally our last night in Montañita arrived and it was the best night of my life. We started drinking some cocktails that were on sale until 11 pm at the hostel, we drank them sitting in the hammocks, meeting people from other countries, playing on the tightrope, laughing a few times with laughter, remembering stories, telling anecdotes. Then we were invited to a party that was on the beach, when we arrived we could not believe it, a giant sound team cheered up all the people, groups of people sitting, standing, dancing, drinking, smoking. Except a couple who was drunk sleeping on the beach, when it was later the tide went up and woke up the man, the woman had to carry between several because she did not wake up, it was the funniest scene of the trip. There we drank a bottle of Vodka and a couple of beers, when the tide covered the entire beach, so we went to "the street of cocktails", where I tried a couple of strange and delicious cocktails, with a lot of liquor called "Canelazo" and "Cosmopolitan". Then some foreigners who became our friends invited us to a disco, there the floor was sandy, the music was too good and the atmosphere great, with very friendly people. Finally, around 4 in the morning we went to the hostel, tired and drunk, but in turn too excited for the night so great we live.


The next day we woke up so hangover, despite this we went to the beach to enjoy our last day in montañita. We bought souvenirs for family and friends and a few memory items to decorate my house. Before sunset we left for Baños - Ecuador.

Comentarios